Thursday, October 15, 2009

5. Making Money Blogging - Real Money

Putting advertisements on your site just aren't enough to make a real income, so you become an affiliate and help sell another companies products for a small percentage of the sales.

This is just as easy as putting ads on your site, it is just more profitable. One of the secrets of selling affiliate products is providing content. They just don't have a list of items to sell, they give you other reasons to come to site. A good example of content is TV and movies at http://simplyvampires.blogspot.com/2009/10/blade-trinity.html. It provides information about the movie, a place to see the movie, along with books, posters, dvds, and scripts to purchase.

There are only two places that I really suggest that you start off with:

Amazon.com. Amazon has about every product imaginable and they are a trusted source.

Linkshare.com. It has an amazing amount of affiliates that you can work with and you keep all your earning in one basic place. I use iTunes, BestBuy, and several other affiliate services on Linkshare. It is great to have everything in one place.
There are a lot of affiliates out there that you can work with, but I found myself forgetting all the ones that I had, so I have just have these two now. If you look at my sites, you would think that I have more, but that is the secret of Linkshare.

LinkShare_120x240v1

These are the five basic steps you need to get you website up and running. I will continue giving you tips in other posts, so check back for more.

Search Engine Optimization is a great way to get your site out there, so try out this book.





No comments:

Post a Comment