Thursday, October 15, 2009

4. Making Money Blogging - Earning Revenue with Advertising





Like I previously mentioned, Google is a huge company and isn't necessarily for the little. Even though some people do have success on it. I would suggest three advertisers at this point:

Adbrite - I love Adbrite. They work just like Google, and people rarely get disabled and if you do get disabled, say you are sorry, and fix the issue to get re-instated. The only time I have ever heard of anyone getting disabled on Adbrite is when the publisher accidently put an ad for one site on another site. You must make sure that when you create an ad zone that you place it where you said you would. Very simple.
Adbrite has Spottt.com, it is a link exchange program for sites that can't afford to pay for advertising. Adbrite supports the small business website owner, and that is why I will stick with them. You just create a little 250x250 pixel ad. It shouldn't be anything fancy.
I created mine using a free software application from Open Office called Draw. It has all the tools I need as a website creator, without the cost and expense of an Adobe Product. Don't get me wrong, I think Photoshop and Illustrator are amazing tools, but I only need a simple drawing program that has more tools than paint.

Bidvertiser - I don't use this one, but most people I talk to prefer this one over Adbrite.

Kontera - I like Kontera and they did well for me until I found adbrite. They do inline advertisements, which I think is great. They are great because they don't put an ad on every line of text, so your reader isn't overwhelmed by all those underlines in the content.

So, these are the advertisers that I would recommend to you as a beginner blogger. In fact, I know publishers that have been using them and have been blogging for years.
If you really want to go with someone like Google, I won't hold it against you, but don't be surprised if the worst happens.
If you want to go with a big name, use Yahoo Publisher. Yahoo Ads is still in the beta stage, but I think that yahoo will probably treat you with more respect than the other big ones.

For more information about Google issues:
Disabling the Politically Incorrect
Disabled with no Clicks
Has Google Adsense Ripped you Off
Another Google Account Disabled

No comments:

Post a Comment